Little Vikings is Hiring!
Little Vikings Flexible Childcare center for student, staff and faculty of Portland State University, The mission of the Little Vikings Flexible Child Care Center is to support students with children and the University community with the means to meet their educational, personal, & professional commitments and demands. This mission is accomplished by providing quality affordable, accessible, and safe occasional, reserve Flexible Child Care.
- In good academic standing and will complete at least 6 PSU credit hours per term.
- 75 or higher cumulative GPA
- 20 credit hours of education, related field, or at least 1 year of experience in a licensed childcare facility or school.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification or ability to obtain within 30 days.
- Oregon Food Handler’s card or ability to obtain within 30 days.
- Training for Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect or ability to obtain within 30 days.
- 18 years of age.
- Possess or obtain clearance through the Oregon Criminal History Registry.
- Be able to lift 40 pounds and kneel, bend, stoop, and sit on the floor in order to work at a child’s level.
- Enjoy working as a team member, be reliable, self-motivated and an independent worker.
- Assist in planning and implanting age appropriate activities.
- Assisting children with hygiene including diapering and toilet use.
- Keeping area clean and maintained according to Oregon State Childcare standards.
- Supervise children at all times while providing a positive and emotionally supportive environment.
- Maintain positive relationships with children, guardians, and childcare staff.
- Supervise the activities of an aide assigned to that group.
- Complete paperwork, trainings, and all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
You may e-mail the Director of Little Vikings at firstname.lastname@example.org or Click Here for more info